Friday, January 9, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Here is a personal narritive that I wrote about Christmas. Hope ya like it!!


The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

By Audrey

I pull the covers down and look at the clock. 8:33 AM. I yawn and stretch. Then I realize.
It's Christmas morning! I jump out of bed, quickly putting on my clothes. I run downstairs as
fast as possible. "Merry Christmas, Audrey!" Dad says. "Merry Christmas!" I say, still half asleep. I walk slowly into the family room, examining the abundance of gifts.

Soon, I smell sweet peach casserole in the oven , the delicious aroma filling up the whole house.
Mom is in the kitchen, pouring tangy orange juice into glasses, cutting grapefruit halves, and setting the table with clean, white dishes and sparkling silverware.

Before long, mom calls everyone in to eat breakfast. Everyone quickly lines up to scoop piles of
steaming food on their plates. We sit down and dig in. Mom's peach casserole is one of the best things
I have ever eaten, and it compliments perfectly with the grapefruit and orange juice. Everybody
is laughing and having a great time. Before too long, we are all stuffed and can't eat another morsel.

Then, we all crowd on the couches, anxious to see what we recieved. As soon as everyone comes in
and sits down, I chose the first present from under the shining tree. Pretty soon, everyone is opening
presents. Wrapping paper flying, everyone exclaiming over their gifts. It's a wonderful time.

Once every last gift is unwrapped, someone turns on the Wii and the games begin. We watch Ross, hilariously
playing tennis by himself, right hand player 1 and left hand player 2. He complains and argues that the controllers
aren't working, when it's just him. Then we have the tournements. "Whoever wins this round plays with me next."
somone will shout. There is lots of fun and games all day long.

And at the end of the day, I think to myself "They sure are right when they say it's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!"

No comments: